If-clause have 3 type :


If ClauseResult Clause
Type 1 :S + V1 + OS + will + V1 + O
Type 2 :S + V2 + OS + would + V1 + O
Type 3 :S + had + V3 + OS + would have + V3 + O


Explanation for each type


1. Type 1 : possible to happen
for the example : If I have a lot of money, I will around the world

2. Type 2 : just 20% to possible, like pengandaian in Indonesian
for the example : If I were you, I would tell the truth (I use 'were' for subject 'I', because for all singular (I, She, n He) we must use 'were' not 'was' in if-clause)
in the fact : I'm not you, so I don't tell the truth (fact for type 2, we use simple present tense)

3. Type 3 : impossible to happen, like penyesalan in Indonesian
for the example : If I had studied more, I would have graduated in SPMB
in the fact : I didn't study more, so I didn't graduate in SPMB (fact the type 3, we use simple past tense)


wishes about the present and future

1. We use 'wish' + past simple to express that we want a situation in the present (or future) to be different.
I wish I spoke Italian. (I don't speak Italian.)
I wish I had a big car. (I don't have a big car.)
I wish I was on a beach. (I'm in the office.)
Future: I wish it was the weekend tomorrow. (It's only Thursday tomorrow.)

2. We use 'wish' + past continuous to express that we want to be doing a different action in the present (or future).
I wish I was lying on a beach now. (I'm sitting in the office.)
I wish it wasn't raining. (It is raining.)
Future: I wish you weren't leaving tomorrow. (You are leaving tomorrow.)

wishes about the past

We use 'wish' + past perfect to express a regret, or that we want a situation in the past to be different.
I wish I hadn't eaten so much. (I ate a lot.)
I wish they'd come on holiday with us. (They didn't come on holiday with us.)
I wish I had studied harder at school. (I was lazy at school.)

wish + would

We use 'wish' + would + bare infinitive to express impatience, annoyance or dissatisfaction with a present action.
I wish you would stop smoking. (You are smoking at the moment and it is annoying me.)
I wish it would stop raining. (I'm impatient because it is raining and I want to go outside.)
I wish she'd be quiet. (I am annoyed because she is speaking.)


sumber :
http://tv-etha-13.blogspot.com/2011/02/if-clause.html
http://www.eslbase.com/grammar/wish


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals BERITA_wongANteng SEO theproperty-developer